How do I set up Samsung Pass?
Please note that you will need a free Samsung account to set up Samsung Pass. For help with adding or creating a Samsung account, please refer to the "How do I add a Samsung account?" FAQ.
To set up Samsung Pass from the main screen, follow these steps:
- Slide the screen up to display your apps.
- Select the "Settings" icon.
- Locate and slect "Biometrics and security."
- Locate and select "Samsung Pass."
- You willl be prompted to sign in to your Samsung account. Enter your information and select "SIGN IN."
- Select "DONE" to continue.
To add a profile picture, select the "Camera" icon and follow the prompts on the screen. Othertwise, select "DONE."
- You will be prompted to register your biometric data for security purposes. Select "FINGERPRINTS" or "IRIS." Then, select "CONTINUE."
- You will be prompted to set up a backup security option. Select "Pattern," "PIN," or "Password" and follow the onscreen prompts.
- To set up your fingerprint, locate the rectangular fingerprint sensor on the back of your device and follow the instructions on the screen. When finished, select "DONE."
To scan your irises, select "CONTINUE" and follow the prompts on your screen.
- You will be prompted to confirm your identity for Samsung Pass. When finished, select "NEXT."
- You will be prompted to add Samsung Pass to your Home screen. Select "CANCEL" or "ADD."
Once you have set up your fingerprint or iris scan for use with Samsung Pass, you can set up Samsung Pass to save your login credentials for your favorite websites. From the main screen, follow these steps:
- Select the "Internet" icon.
- Navigate to the desired website and log in.
- You will be prompted to "Sign in with Samsung Pass." Select "REMEMBER." The next time you want to log in to the website, you will be prompted to use your fingerprint or retina scan instead of using your login credentials.
Please note that this option is available only through the Samsung Internet app and is not compatible with all websites.
GET MORE HELP
Have a question and can't find the answer in the Knowledge Base?