How do I secure my folders?
To protect your files, you can set up and use Secure Folder for an extra layer of protection. Secure Folder comes pre-installed on your Samsung Galaxy and is based on the My Knox security platform, creating an encrypted, private space on your phone to keep your valuable and personal information secure. Please note that you will need to add or create a Samsung account to set up and use this feature. Once you have signed in to your Samsung account, follow these steps:
- From the main screen, slide the screen up.
- Locate and select the Settings icon.
- Select Biometrics and security.
- Locate and select Secure Folder.
- Select Continue.
- Enter your Samsung account password and select Next.
- Select the desired lock type for your Secure Folder and select Next.
- Enter the desired pattern, PIN, or password and select Continue.
- Enter your pattern, PIN, or password again and select Confirm. A shortcut icon to your Secure Folder will be added to your apps.
- To add files or additional apps to your Secure Folder, select the Add apps or Add files icon and follow the prompts on your screen.
Was this FAQ helpful?
GET MORE HELP
Have a question and can't find the answer in the Knowledge Base?